With summer’s wedding season now upon us, it’s time to consider an important factor in event planning: Event Insurance. Whether you are a full-time event planner or you have a special occasion coming up that you are preparing for, event insurance is an important factor to consider. The question of whether or not event insurance is warranted is common, so we’ve put together some things to keep in mind when considering this option for your special event.
Event Insurance Basics
Event insurance covers and protects planners and venues during a public or private event. This type of insurance provides general liability for events, and there are many different varieties that you could purchase, so it’s important to know the different options available to you.
What Are Your Options?
- General Liability: This type of insurance covers a company or other parties involved with the event if there is any loss due to bodily injury or property damage. This is usually applicable when the injury or damage is caused by the insured’s employees or agents.
- Liquor Liability: This will provide coverage from causing or contributing to intoxication of others as well as the accidental furnishing of alcohol to underage individuals. This type of coverage is helpful when a venue where bartenders are not covered or if the event planner will employing part-time bartenders.
- Cancellation Insurance: Cancellation insurance protects planners in the case of an unplanned cancellation of an event due to bad weather or other circumstances. Canceling a large-scale event can be costly and this coverage will help you meet those costs.
- Third-Party Damage Coverage: When a property is under an event planner’s control, they must be covered for any damage that might be sustained to the property during that time. This insurance would help pay for repairs of damaged items.
- Hired Non-Owned Auto Coverage: This would cover any vehicles which are rented for use during the event and any auto related injuries that occur during the event.
- Worker’s Compensation: This type of coverage will provide medical benefits or salary compensation to employees who are injured while working during the events
Finding a knowledgeable insurance agent is a great asset when it comes to choosing the best type of policy to purchase for your events. At Spickelmier Insurance, we work tirelessly to make sure you have the right kind of coverage for your specific needs. As a small, independant insurance company, we are free to shop the market and find the best deals possible. If you have any questions or concerns about event insurance, or any other kind of coverage you need, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our agents would love to work with you to find the best solution so that you are protecting the things that matter most to you.